Assistant/Associate Professor, Epidemiology & Biostatistics
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Assistant/Associate Professor, Epidemiology & Biostatistics|
|Department||School of Public Health Initiative|
|Location||Jackson Medical Mall|
|Faculty, Staff, Admin or Student||Tenured|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Desired start date||08/01/2017|
The School of Public Health invites applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor in Epidemiology and Biostatistics beginning August 2017.
|Minimum Required Education||
• Doctorate degree (DrPH or Ph.D.) in Epidemiology, preferably from a CEPH- accredited institution.
• Earned MPH from a CEPH-accredited program/school; if the candidate has a Ph.D. in an area related to public health.
|Minimum Required Experience||
• Must meet the qualifications for appointment as either a tenure track or tenured faculty member at the rank of assistant or associate professor.
• Must demonstrate a track record of scholarly publications (appropriate to academic rankings).
• Must demonstrate a track record of extramural funding (appropriate to academic rankings).
• Familiarity with educational technologies and innovative learning.
|Minimum Required Licenses and/or Certifications||
• Experience or expertise in social or epidemiological research.
• Experience in a statistical package such as, SAS, SPSS, STATA, etc.
• Experience with publications using secondary data.
|Skills and Abilities||
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in curriculum development.
• Serve as student advisor.
• Serve on dissertation committees.
• Participate/contribute to various committees at the Department, School and University levels.
• Contribute to the acquisition of extramural funding.
• Participate in community outreach engagements.
• Work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
|Job Duties and Responsibilities|
Posting Detail Information
Jackson State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All application for faculty, staff, and student work-aid positions are considered without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. In addition, Jackson State University recruits, admits and provides services, financial aid, and instruction to all students without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Background Check Statement||
Jackson State University is committed to providing a safe campus. JSU conducts background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include reference checks, criminal history/record check and when appropriate a credit report or driving history report.
|Open Until Filled (overrides close field)||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample / Philosophy of Higher Education
- Official Transcripts
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3